There is a wealth of untapped potential in the young minds of the world. This is why I dedicate my time to re-inventing and building new ways of empowering and educating young people to take action and contribute to international environmental policy.
Advocacy & Representation:
- Youth Representative at the high-level closing plenary of the Global Landscapes Forum during the 2016 Paris Climate Change Conference, panelist to ‘Smart Cities in Africa’ Round Table during the 2017 Marrakech Climate Change Conference, panelist to stakeholder panel during IUFRO 125 Annual Congress in September 2017.
- Major Group Children and Youth Focal Point to the United Nations Forum on Forest (UNFF) – led the youth delegation during the 12th Session of UNFF (UNFF 12) in May 2017 at UN Headquarters
– delivered several statements at UNFF 12
– conducted surveys which informed policy recommendations submitted to the forum
– drafted a plan of action and youth engagement for the 2015-17 year
My roles and capacities within the International Forestry Students’ Association:
Aug 2015 – Jan 2017: Head of the International Processes Commission
Managed a commission of 8+ people and our engagement within the UNFF, UNFCCC, Forest Europe and UNCBD processes
Jan 2017 – Jul 2017: Statutes Councillor
Created a new work plan to restructure the organizations Statutes accepted by the General Assembly in July 2017.
Aug 2017 – Current: President
Goals for my tenure
– re-invent capacity building and training activities to align with international policy and global commitments (includes Youth in Landscapes sessions and the upcoming Young Foresters Summit in Sri Lanka)
– develop collection action events on regional and global levels
– create the IFSA Strategy 2018-2022
– finalize the organizations Communications Strategy
– increase membership in the Middle East and Africa